Thursday, 20 June 2013

A Dream Deferred

So I came across this poem by Langston Hughes and it brought back so many campus memories. I just had to share it. It reminded me of a lecturer who we loved and hated in equal measure.OK, may be not in equal  measure (the love part was a little less) but that is another story for another day. For now, enjoy the poem.
 

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore..
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over..
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?

3 comments:

  1. beautiful poem... or may be its carried forward to the after life,where there are no obstacles for it to blossom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.
    I love your blog.
    Please check out my blog at rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete